The XR seats were made by Recaro for FORD. There are aftermarket
seat covers available from Rapido, BAT, etc. The original leather
seats for the 85,86 carswere recalled by FORD and recovered.
Lubing the seat cables:
- Tilt the seatback forward
- At the bottom of the seatback, bend the tpointed tabs to
unhok the seatcover
- Roll the bottom ofthe seatcover up about 3"
There are 2 cables, one for each side of the seat.
The inner cable has 2 plastic bushings. The outter one has 1
- Inspect the inner (long) cable for fraying near bushing,
if frey'd, remove cable and reinstall with ends swapped
- Dislodge the bushing and rotate it so the wear place is 120°
away and reseat it
- Lube the cable and bushing with greese
- Lube the cable where it rubs on the round hinge with greese
- Lube the release arm with light oil
- Reinstall seat cover abdbend tabs so they don't damage seat